Tuesday 12 March 2019

The cherry

I got fascinated
I felt mesmerised
It was pink,round and beautiful
It seemed precious
                          At once gooseberry in hands lost its glamour
                            It appeared green and common
                              It tasted sour and bitter
                               It seemed oridanry
I ran wild for cherry
Gave life for it
finally tasted..it
Alas..my mistake,my mistake
                                   It tasted nothing like its appearance
                                     It was tangy,it was tangy
                                    May know,cherry is just a slave
                                    Slave of sugar syrup
I returned with regret
gooseberry seemed brighter
you know what?It was too late
That I realise gooseberries are sweet

No comments:

Post a Comment